Meet The Team
Dr Neil Shah
Areas of special interest and special expertise
• Food allergies affecting the intestine
• Rare disorders of the gut
• Qualified from the Royal Free Hospital
• MBBS (Hons)
• MSC (Distinction)
• Complex and severe GI allergy
• Development of regional Guidelines for practical identification and treatment of GI allergy in General paediatrics.
• Leading a research team and publishing on the multidisciplinary presentations of food allergy, Primary care symptom recognition of food allergy, histological and endoscopic manifestations of allergy and new diagnostic tests for allergy
• Genetics of small gene effects in gastrointestinal allergy
Neil Shah has written numerous publications including:
Chebar Lozinsky, A., Meyer, R., De Koker, C., Dziubak, R., Godwin, H., Reeve, K., Dominguez Ortega, G., Shah, N., 2015. Time to symptom improvement using elimination diets in non-IgE mediated gastrointestinal food allergies. Pediatr Allergy Immunol.
Meyer, R., De Koker, C., Dziubak, R., Skrapac, A.K., Godwin, H., Reeve, K., Chebar-Lozinsky, A., Shah, N., 2015. A practical approach to vitamin and mineral supplementation in food allergic children. Clin Transl Allergy. 10(5) p. 11.
Pichler, J., Meyer, R., Köglmeier, J., Ancliff, P., Shah, N., 2015. Nutritional status in children with Shwachman-diamond syndrome. Pancreas. 44(4) pp. 590-5.
Meyer, R., De Koker, C., Dziubak, R., Godwin, H., Dominguez-Ortega, G., Shah, N., 2014. Dietary elimination of children with food protein induced gastrointestinal allergy - micronutrient adequacy with and without a hypoallergenic formula? Clin Transl Allergy. 4(1) p 31.
Mutalib,M., Borrelli, O., Blackstock, S., Kiparissi, F., Elawad, M., Shah, N., Lindley, K., 2014. The use of sirolimus (rapamycin) in the management of refractory inflammatory bowel disease in children. J Crohns Colitis. 8(12) pp. 1730-4.
Presentations at conferences
Currently Dr Neil Shah is the Gastroenterology allergy lead on a worldwide series of training course/lectures in countries where allergy is rising in prevalence such as China/UAE with strong links to Peking and Shanghai Children’s Hospitals.
GOSH IPP Clinic Details
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children
International and Private Patients Service
The Harris International Patient Centre
The Octav Botnar Wing
Great Ormond Street
London WC1N 3JH
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7762 6822
Fax: +44 (0)20 7762 6743