Meet the Team
Mr Andreas Roposch
Orthopaedic and spinal surgery
Areas of special interest and special expertise:
Areas of expertise
1. Complex hip disorders in children and adolescents
2. Benign bone tumours
3. Osteogenesis imperfecta and childhood osteoporosis
4. Skeletal dysplasias
Areas of special interest
1. Hip dysplasia and hip dislocation
2. Perthes disease
3. Slipped capital femoral epiphysis
4. Impingement of the hip
5. Hip ultrasound and harness treatment.
Consultant’s professional qualifications
MD MSc FRCS
1. Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
2. MSc in Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics (2005)
3. Medical Doctorate (1995)
Mr Andreas Roposch trained in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Vienna, as well as at Children's Hospital San Diego, USA. He completed a clinical fellowship in paediatric orthopaedics in 2002, followed by a fellowship in paediatric and adolescent hip surgery (2003-2005) at the prestigious Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada, under Professor John Wedge. Before joining Great Ormond Street Hospital, he was a professor of orthopaedic surgery at the University of Vienna and deputy director of paediatric orthopaedics.
Membership of professional bodies and societies
1. Board Member, European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society
2. Chair, Scientific Committee, European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society
3. Member, British Society for Children's Orthopaedics
4. Member, Salter Society
5. Member, German-Speaking Society of Paediatric Orthopaedics
1. (2010 )Clinical Research Award, European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society (given for the best clinical research paper of the year)
2. (2010) Research Prize, German-speaking Association of Paediatric Orthopaedics (the highest research award of the society)
3. (2010) Fellowship Award, HCA International
4. (2006) Clinical Excellence Award, Great Ormond Street Hospital
5. (2003) Research Training Competition Award, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto
Mr Roposch is a Reader in the UCL Institute of Child Health, where he leads a group of researchers and research trainees. He is Lead of Research in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Great Ormond Street and Chair of Research of the European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society.
Mr Roposch's research is in hip dysplasia exploring diagnosis, treatment, and cause of this condition.
He has given more than 40 peer-reviewed scientific publications including articles in Radiology, American Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Journal of Roentgenology, and British Journal of Radiology; and numerous other publications including review articles, textbooks and editorials.
Presentations at Conferences:
More than 80 scientific presentations and numerous invited lectures.
GOSH IPP Clinic Details:
Wednesday 10-12 am and other times upon request
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children
International and Private Patients Service
The Harris International Patient Centre
The Octav Botnar Wing
Great Ormond Street
London WC1N 3JH
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7762 6822
Fax: +44 (0)20 7762 6743