Meet the Team
Mr Andreas Roposch
Orthopaedic and spinal surgery
Areas of special interest and special expertise
Areas of Expertise:
• Complex hip disorders in children and adolescents
• Benign bone tumours
• Osteogenesis imperfecta and childhood osteoporosis
• Skeletal dysplasias
Areas of Interest:
• Hip dysplasia and hip dislocation
• Perthes disease
• Slipped capital femoral epiphysis
• Impingement of the hip
• Hip ultrasound and harness treatment
• Trained in the department of orthopaedic surgery, University of Vienna as at the Children’s Hospital, San Diego, USA
• Clinical fellowship in paediatric orthopaedics, fellowship in paediatric and adolescent hip surgery at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada
• MSc in clinical epidemiology and biostatistics
• Board Member, European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society
• Chair, Scientific Committee, European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society
• Member, British Society for Children's Orthopaedics
• Member, Salter Society
• Member, German-Speaking Society of Paediatric Orthopaedics
• Hip dysplasia exploring diagnosis, treatment, and cause of this condition
Andreas Roposch has given more than 40 peer-reviewed scientific publications including articles in Radiology, American Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, American Journal of Roentgenology, and British Journal of Radiology; and numerous other publications including review articles, textbooks and editorials. Some of his more recent publications include:
Ashby, E., Roposch, A., 2015. Diagnostic yield of sonography in infants with suspected hip dysplasia: diagnostic thinking efficiency and therapeutic efficiency. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 204(1) pp. 177-81.
Roposch, A., 2015. CORR Insights ®: What clinimetric evidence exists for using hip-specific patient-reported outcome measures in pediatric hip impingement? Clin Orthop Relat Res. 473(4) pp. 1368-9.
Roposch, A., Protopapa, E., Cortina-Borja, M., 2014. Weighted diagnostic criteria for developmental dysplasia of the hip. J Pediatr 165(6) pp. 1236-1240.
Roposch, A., Liu, L.Q., Protopapa, E., 2013. Variations in the use of diagnostic criteria for developmental dysplasia of the hip. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 471(6) pp. 1946-54.
Presentations at conferences
Andreas Roposch has given more than 80 scientific presentations and numerous invited lectures.
GOSH IPP Clinic Details:
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children
International and Private Patients Service
The Harris International Patient Centre
The Octav Botnar Wing
Great Ormond Street
London WC1N 3JH
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7762 6822
Fax: +44 (0)20 7762 6743