Meet The Team
Bailey, Mr Martin
Consultant Paediatric ENT Surgeon
Ear, nose and throat
Areas of special interest and special expertise
Areas of Expertise:
• All aspects of paediatric otolaryngology
Areas of Interest:
• All aspects of children’s ENT Surgery
• Otitis media
• Glue ear
• Tonsils and adenoids
• Perforated ear drums
• Airway problems in children
• Laryngotracheal reconstructive surgery
• Middle ear and mastoid surgery
• Qualified from the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, London
• Trained in otolaryngology at the Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital and GOSH, and at the Sussex Throat and Ear Hospital in Brighton
• TWJ clinical and research fellowship at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, USA
• Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
• Member of the Sections of Otology and Laryngology and Rhinology
• Past-President of the RSM Section of Laryngology & Rhinology
• Honorary Secretary, Council member and Trustee of the Royal Society of Medicine
• Founder Member of the British Association for Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology (and later President)
• Board member of the European Society of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology
• Member of the British Society of Otology
• Member of the British Cochlear Implant Group
• Member of the British Facial and Audiological Implant Group
• Member of the Otolaryngological Research Society
• Member of ENT UK
• Member of the British Medical Association
• Paediatric airway problems, especially intubation injury in children
Martin Bailey has written over 131 publications on various aspects of otolaryngology including:
Nash, R., Possamai, V., Maskell, S., Bailey, M., Albert, D., 2014. Canal wall reconstruction and preservation in the surgical management of cholesteatoma in children with Down's syndrome. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 78(10) pp. 1747-51.
Dave, M.H., Gerber, A., Bailey, M., Gysin, C., Hoeve, H., Hammer, J., Nicolai, T., Weiss, M., 2014. Prevalence and characteristics of tracheal cobblestoning in children. Pediatr Pulmonol.
Weiss, M., Dave, M., Bailey, M., Gysin, C., Hoeve, H., Hammer, J., Nicolai, T., Spielmann, N., Gerber, A., 2013. Endoscopic airway findings in children with or without prior endotracheal intubation. Paediatr Anaesth. 23(2) pp. 103-110.
Bajaj, Y., Gibbins, N., Fawkes, K., Hartley, B., Jephson, C., Jonas, N., Albert, D., Bailey, M., Wyatt, M., Cochrane, L., 2012. Surgical aspects of cochlear implantation in syndromic children. Cochlear Implants Int. 13(3) pp. 163-7.
Presentations at conferences
Martin Bailey has been invited to numerous conferences and lectured at various meetings around the world including:
Visiting Professor - Stanford University Medical Center, California, 2012.
Spinoza Visiting Professor, Amsterdam, 2009.
Gunnar Holmgren Lecturer, Swedish Association of ORL, HNS, Stockholm, 2009.
Wilson T.S. Wang Visiting Professor in Otorhinolaryngology, Hong Kong, 2008.
GOSH IPP Clinic Details
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children
International and Private Patients Service
The Harris International Patient Centre
The Octav Botnar Wing
Great Ormond Street
London WC1N 3JH
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7762 6822
Fax: +44 (0)20 7762 6743