• Lead for sedation and anaesthesia for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures outside operating theatres (endoscopy, MRI, interventional radiology, cardiac angiography and short painful procedures)
• Lead for anaesthesia for cleft lip and palate surgery
• Qualified from Kings College Hospital Medical School
• Trained in anaesthesia at Worcester Royal Infirmary, St Bartholomew’s, Alder Hey and Kings College Hospitals.
• Research Fellow at St Bartholomew’s
• PhD from University College London
• Development of fast acting sedation and anaesthesia techniques
• Level of consciousness monitoring
• The assessment of new technology in infants
News & Publications
Mike Sury has published on a wide range of anaesthesia topics. Below are a number of his more recent publications:
Sury, M., 2013. Sedation of children--perspectives across hospital specialties. SAAD Dig. 29 pp. 60-3.
Sury, M., Bullock, I., Rabar, S., Demott, K.; Guideline Development Group. 2010. Sedation for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in children and young people: summary of NICE guidance. BMJ. 341.
Bingham, R., Thomas, A.L. Sury, M., ed. 2008. Hatch and Sumner’s Textbook of Paediatric Anaesthesia. London: Hodder Arnold.
Refer your child to Dr Mike Sury
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.