Dr Cheryl Hemingway has been a Consultant Paediatric Neurologist for over 15 years.
Dr Hemingway has been a full time Neurology Consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) since 2005. She is an Honorary Clinical Lecturer at both Imperial College London and the University College London (UCL) Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health.
Dr Hemingway's PhD from Imperial College London explored the patient response to brain inflammation and infection, and she has used the expertise gained from this to provide specialised clinical care to children with rare neuro-inflammatory disorders, as well as also providing care for children with many other neurological problems.
• Specialised clinical care to children with rare neuro-inflammatory disorders
• Providing care for children with many other neurological problems
• Multiple sclerosis
• Demyelinating disorders
• Red Cross Hospital in South Africa
• The John Hopkins in the USA
• PhD from Imperial College London exploring the patient response to brain inflammation and infection
• Dr Hemingway has established the Demyelinating Disease service at Great Ormond Street Hospital, and now runs one of the largest clinics in the country for children with multiple sclerosis and other rare demyelinating disorders
• She has an ongoing research role in this area and is an active member of both the UK and the International Paediatric MS Study Group
Hacohen, Y., Absoud, M., Deiva, K., Hemingway, C., Nytrova, P., Woodhall, M., Palace, J., Wassmer, E., Tardieu, M., Vincent, A., Lim, M., Waters, P., 2015. Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein antibodies are associated with a non-MS course in children. Neurology: Neuroimmunology & Neuroinflammation. 2(2) 9 81.
Devia, K., Absoud, M,. Hemingway, C., Hernandez, Y., Hussson, B., Maurey, H., Niotakis, G., Wassmer, E., Lim, M., Tardieu, M., 2014. Acute idiopathic transverse myelitis in children: Early predictors of relapse and disability. Neurology. 84(4).
Absoud, M., Lim, M.J., Appleton, R., Jacob, A., Kitley, J., Leite, M, I., Pike, M. G., Vincent, A., Wassmer, E., Waters, P., Woodhall, M., Hemingway, C., Palace, J., 2014. Paediatric neuromyelitis optica: clinical, MRI of the brain and prognostic features. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry. 86(4).
Hacohen, Y., Absoud, M., Hemingway, C., Jacobson, L., Lin, J-P., Pike, M., Pullaperuma, S., Siddiqui, A., Wassmer, E., Waters, P., Irani, S. R., Buckley, c., Vincent, A., Lim, M., 2014. NMDA receptor antibodies associated with distinct white matter syndromes. Neuroimmunology & Neuroinflammation. 1(1): e2.
Hacohen, Y., Absoud, M., Woodhall, M., Cummins, C., De Geode, C. G., Hemingway, C., Jardine, P. E., Kneen, R., Pike, M. G., Whitehouse, W.P., Wassmer, E., Waters, P., Vincent, A., Lim, M., 2013. Autoantibody biomarkers in childhood-acquired demyelinating syndromes: results from a national surveillance cohort. Journal of Neurology, Neuroscience and Psychiatry. 85(4).
转诊您的孩子至Cheryl Hemingway 医生