Mr Ben Hartley has been a consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital since 2001. He trained in London and in Cincinnati, USA and is regarded as one of the world’s leading authorities on paediatric ear nose and throat (ENT) disorders. His subspecialist interests include paediatric airway disease and congenital neck cysts (e.g. thyroglossal cysts and branchial cysts) and fistulae. He has enormous experience of surgery for lymphatic (cystic hygromas) and vascular malformations. He also performs cochlear implantation for children with hearing loss.
He is current President of the British Association of Paediatric Otolaryngology.
- Paediatric ENT disorders
- Full spectrum children’s ENT diseases
- Paediatric airway disease
- Paediatric head and neck tumours
- Malformation surgery including lymphatic and vascular anomalies
- Airway surgery including laryngo-tracheal reconstruction
- Senior surgeon in the cochlear implant program
- Completed medical training in London at St George’s Hospital Medical School (MBBS)
- BSc (Hons) in Basic Medical Science with biochemistry from University of London
- Basic surgical training in London
- Trained in ENT in the North Thames Region
- Clinical fellowship in Cincinnati, Ohio under Dr Robin Cotton
- President of The British Association of Paediatric otolaryngology
- Member of ENT UK
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Honorary life member of The South African Society of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck surgery
Mr Hartley has published very extensively on surgical techniques for subglottic stenosis and paediatric airway disease as well as head and neck tumours and malformations. This includes more than 70 peer review publications and multiple book chapters. He reviews scientific papers for The Lancet, Clinical Otolaryngology and The Journal of Laryngology and Otology. Mr Hartley is also a clinical editor for The CME Journal Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery.
转诊您的孩子至Benjamin Hartley 先生