Dr Prab Prabhakar is a consultant paediatric neurologist at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) NHS Foundation Trust and Honorary Lecturer in Paediatric Neurology at UCL Institute of Child Health.
Although he has a significant commitment to acute and general neurology services at GOSH, he is a general neurologist who sees a wide variety of childhood neurological illness including epilepsy, stoke, demyelinating disorders, head injury (both accidental and non-accidental), multidisciplinary assessment of complex neurometabolic and genetic conditions across the age range both as inpatient and outpatient.
He is a tutor for the paediatric neurology course and the MRCPCH course run by the Institute of Child Health.
• General Neurology
• Childhood headache
• Medically unexplained neurological symptoms
• MBBS Stanley Medical College, Chennai, India
• Postgraduate paediatric training at London Deanery
• Paediatric neurology training at GOSH
• Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
• British Paediatric Neurology Association
• Paediatric representative in the classification subcommittee of the International Headache Society
• Executive council member British Association for Study of Headaches
• American Headache Society
• Medical Defence Union
• British Medical Association
• Epidemiology of headache disorders in children
• The interphase between TTH and Migraine
• Rare headache syndromes in children (Cluster, SUNCT/SUNA and PH)
• Drug trials in the acute treatment and prevention of migraine
News & Publications
Prab Prabhakar has written several publications including these more recent peer-reviewed articles:
Rogers, K., Rafiq, N., Prabhakar, P., Ahmed, M., 2015. Childhood headache attributed to airplane travel: a case report. J Child Neurol. 30(6) pp 764-6.
Livingston, J.H., Mayer, J., Jenkinson, E., Kasher, P., Stivaros, S., Berger, A., Cordelli, D.M., Ferreira, P., Jefferson, R., Kutschke, G., Lundberg, S., Ounap, K., Prabhakar, P., Soh, C., Stewart, H., Stone, J., van der Knaap, M.S., van Esch, H., van Mol, C., Wakeling, E., Whitney, A., Rice, G.I., Crow, Y.J., 2014. Leukoencephalopathy with calcifications and cysts: a purely neurological disorder distinct from coats plus. Neuropediatrics. 45(3) pp. 175-82.
Iglesias, E., Eleftheriou, D., Mankad, K., Prabhakar, P., Brogan, P.A., 2014. Microscopic polyangiitis presenting with hemorrhagic stroke. J Child Neurol. 29(8).
Simpson, J.C., Goadsby, P.J., Prabhakar, P., 2013. Positive persistent visual symptoms (visual snow) presenting as a migraine variant in a 12-year-old girl. Pediatr Neurol. 49(5) pp. 361-3.
Refer your child to Dr Prab Prabhakar
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.