Mr Nav Johal joined Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) as a Consultant Paediatric Urologist in 2017. He is also an Honorary Consultant Paediatric Urologist at University College London Hospital (UCLH) and is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Child Health. He is a member of the prenatal nephro-urology counselling team at UCLH. He trained at the University of Wales College of Medicine and completed a PhD at GOSH and University College, London.
- Prenatally-diagnosed hydronephrosis and other renal tract abnormalities in pregnancy
- Foreskin problems
- Undescended testes
- Groin and scrotal swellings (hydrocoele, varicocoele, epididymal cysts)
- Hypospadias and penile abnormalities
- Urinary tract infections
- Urgency symptoms and daytime/night time wetting
- Vesico-ureteric reflux
- Urinary tract obstruction
- Reconstructive urology; neuropathic bladder; exstrophy, posterior urethral valves, hypospadias
- Minimally invasive surgery; retroperitoneoscopy, endourology
- Prenatal counselling at UCLH; hydronephrosis, congenital bladder anomalies
His postgraduate training included posts in Cambridge, Chelsea and Westminster, Evelina and Southampton and post-CCT fellowships at in paediatric urology at GOSH and uro-oncology at The Royal Marsden Hospital (Fulham Rd).
- MB BCh University of Wales College of Medicine
- MRCS (Eng)
- The Royal College of Surgeons (England) Research Training Fellowship
- PhD University College, London · FRCS (Paediatric Surgery)
Mr Johal completed a PhD at University College, London investigating congenital bladder anomalies such as exstrophy, posterior urethral valves and the neuropathic bladder. He continues to maintain a strong interest in surgical research at the Institute of Child Health investigating congenital bladder anomalies and has contributed to over 50 articles published in peer reviewed journals and textbooks.
Refer your child to Mr Nav Johal
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.