Alex is a Speech and Language Therapist specialising in feeding and swallowing difficulties in children. She qualified in 2001 and has worked at Great Ormond Street Hospital since 2005. She completed a research Masters degree in 2013. She has worked at a number of other specialist children’s hospitals, including the Royal London Hospital, University College Hospital London and the Harley Street Hospital.
She has recently taken up an exciting new post as the principal Speech and Language Therapist for cardiothoracic services at Great Ormond Street Hospital. She has been working with the tracheal team since 2007.
- Feeding and swallowing difficulties in children aged 0-16 years.
- Videofluoroscopy swallowing studies (swallow x-ray.)
- Feeding and swallowing difficulties associated with cardiac, tracheal and oesophageal abnormalities.
- 1997-2001 University of Manchester BSc (Hons) Speech Pathology and Therapy
- 2011-2013 St George’s, University of London MRes Clinical Practice
- Member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Member of the Health and Care Professions Council
- Feeding and swallowing difficulties in congenital cardiac, tracheal and oesophageal conditions
- Measuring outcomes in paediatric dysphagia
News & Publications
Stewart A., Butler C., Sell D., Marchant J., Muthialu N., Hewitt R. and Elliott M. Swallowing outcomes following slide tracheoplasty. (2018) International Journal of Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology. 108: p. 85-90.
Refer your child to Ms Alex Stewart
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.